Monday, February 10, 2014

Pyjama Day at school

Is there anything better than Pyjama Day at preschool? Of course my showing up the way I really sleep, in panties and a tank top, would be only slightly unacceptable. My tossing and turning at night turns anything loose into a mummy shroud and I wake up freaking out. So I have special "for show" pjs worn only on this special day of the year.

Look at that sexy wrinkled mama...

There's a story behind these jammies. They are nearly 30 years old, made for me by the mum of an ex-boyfriend. I suspect she really liked me and wanted me to stick around. Why specifically pyjamas is a mystery. Who makes someone else jammies? Anyway, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) the boy in question had a wandering eye and my love for him didn't last as long as my love for these pyjamas.

I never wear them any other time except on my school's pyjama day (every school I've ever worked at has at least one a year) which is why they haven't been destroyed yet. So there you have it. A long, rambling post about pyjamas. Who'd have thunk it?

And I can't let this post go by without sharing how adorable my kids are. Check it...

We're playing Sleeping Bunnies, naturally

kxx

No comments: