Monday, March 3, 2014

Thief!

I stole this whole thing from a hilarious facebook post by... me. I feel left out by all the Oscar talk from today, and I'm frankly too lazy tired to come up with something fresh. So read what I wrote about the nominees yesterday afternoon as I revel in the veracity of my prediction. Fancy, right?


"One word reviews of the Oscar nominees

Her: Weird
12 Years a Slave: Horrifying
Nebraska: Yawn
American Hustle: Hilarious
Philomena: Heartwarming
Gravity: Tense
Wolf of Wall Street: Ugh
Dallas Buyers Club: Meh
Captain Phillips: Thrilling

Who will win? 12 Years a Slave. They love that stuff. Who I want to win? American Hustle. It was so much fun!"

I am so smart. I have nothing else to add about the telecast other than what has been said by better writers than me. John Travolta butchering Idina Menzel's name (hilarious), the selfie that broke the internet and Lupita Nyong'o's amazing dress... all been said, but I do have to mention my marathon 6 hour Skype session with my BFF Kathy in London. She made an epic sacrifice by watching it live with me (5 hour delay so she went to bed just after 5am her time) and taking today off work to recover. Thank you so much, Kathy... I had the best time. Next year we're doing it in person at your place!


kxx



No comments: