Monday, June 16, 2014

Things I learned while I was freaking out

I was under quite a bit of stress over the last few months (most of it self-imposed). As of this weekend most of it has lifted  and I'm so relieved. I actually commented to Audrey this Sunday that this is the first one in weeks where I literally had nothing to do. I didn't know what to do with myself. Okay, that's not true. I watched tv. On one of the most beautiful days we've had all year. And I didn't feel the least bit guilty. It was absolute heaven.

So here are a few things I learned/realized while I was "away"...

How to eat an apple:
You heard. We usually eat an apple all around and throw out the core but I learned (via internet, of course) that if you eat an apply top down, you can eat the whole thing including the core. Crazy, right? When I saw the video I couldn't wait to try it. Now it's the only way I eat them. I'll admit there are two bites that I have to gird my loins to take but once you get past the one chomp of the seedy core (just swallow the seeds... there isn't enough arsenic in them to kill you, promise) and the bottom of the apple that looks like an ass hole (pardon my French but it does) you are done. Nothing to toss out. So cool! Check out the video...



How to fix my makeup:
No woman out there hasn't dropped a powder blush or eyeshadow and had it shatter all over the bathroom floor. Powder goes everywhere and not only is it a complete and utter pain to clean up, you've gone and wasted your favourite shade. I had 2 broken ones in my makeup case that were just little balls of colour that went on too intensely but were too pretty to throw out. To the internet. They said to use alcohol (no, not rum but the stuff you have in the bathroom), pour a little bit in the container, crush and mix it all around until it's a paste, then leave it on the counter for the alcohol to evaporate. When it does, you have a perfectly good, solid colour again. I couldn't believe I had the solution in my medicine cabinet all this time. So great. I was thinking you could also use the idea to redistribute the colour to the middle of the container since when you use these with a brush, when it's nearly finished it "hides" in the corners and is hard to get out. Here's the link to the idea.

GENIUS!




Computer things I've been saying wrong and my kids have been secretly laughing behind my back: doge, gif and url. They finally sent me to a link on the "right way".

That's about it. Everything I missed writing to you about over the last few weeks. hope you are all well and I'll see you all tomorrow. It's a special day. you'll see why tomorrow...

kxx



No comments: