Monday, September 29, 2014

Goodbye summer

Last night we had one of our last dragonboat practices and as we came off the water in practically near dark, it's really hitting home that summer is over. I not only feel sad, I'm devastated. Here's why:


  • I hate my fall clothes. It's not the styles... they're fine. I hate that they cover every inch of me. I hate socks. I hate layers. They make me look even fatter. I hate hiding my pedicure inside clunky shoes (except for my Fluevogs... they're perfect)
  • Don't get me wrong, I like the fall colours but every time I see those leaves, I know that in less than 2 months we could potentially be looking at -20C temps, snow or freezing rain. Plus the leaves only look awesome for a couple of weeks then they are brown and on the ground. Boo.
  • No good holidays until Christmas
  • Not only is dragonboat over, but I have to put my bike and running shoes away. Granted I don't have to stop running outside, it's just that on the days when you breathe in and the nose hairs stick to themselves, you kinda don't want to get out of bed to exercise. Until spring.
  • My house is cold. We really need to get more carpeting around here. The all over hardwood is warm and wonderful in the summer but in the winter that first step out of bed may as well be on needles.
  • It's dark. So so dark.
I'm just feeling depressed about it. Even though the weather is nice, I can't stop thinking about the inevitable. it's like someone is super sick and even though they may healthy now, you can't help but feel sad about the future.

Okay... bright side:
  • No bugs
  • Christmas
  • I can make soups, lasagne and other heavy dinners again. I'm glad because they're easy and I get lazier in the winter
  • Um... 
Well that is something.

kxx




No comments: