Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Feeling overwhelmed

Yes, I know these are first world problems but honestly, they're my problems and I live in the first world so it's all I know. Everyone I've ever freaking met wants to get together before Christmas and there just aren't enough days. I haven't started shopping (or even worked out a list) and nothing around the house is decorated. The tree has been sitting untrimmed in the middle of the living room for 3 days. I sleep about 5 hours a night and that's taking its toll on my energy at home and work. I haven't made a family dinner 2 nights in a row for easily a month, but I'm cooking every day for potluck dinners and parties. You know how bad I feel when I'm making a beautiful cake and the kids come in asking for dinner and I have to tell them to make sandwiches? Again? Ugh. My family is running out of patience. Of course, I can say no but I'm always so worried that people will stop inviting me to things and I'll be sad and alone.

My mother used to always say "I'll rest when I'm dead". Then she died. I don't mean to be flip, but I'm grouchy. Ignore me... I'll be back to my normal sunny self in January the morning.

kxx


No comments: