Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Another two movies down

Scott and I saw The Grand Budapest Hotel over the weekend and just came back from Whiplash tonight. In order to pad up my blog posts for the week, I'll post my review of Whiplash tomorrow. But honestly, I'm just going to leave you with it's freaking AWESOME as your teaser regarding how much I loved it.

That said here's my haiku movie review of...

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Wes Anderson at 
His Wes Andersoniest.
A weird, funny film

I really liked this movie but if you don't like his directing style, you won't like this movie. It's him all over. Personally, I love all of his movies; I find them wonky and fun, but I totally understand when I hear that others don't. This movie shouldn't have been nominated for Best Picture, but I'd love to see him win Best Director.

My rankings so far:
1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
2. The Theory of Everything

Even still, I liked both of these movies better than 7 of the 9 from last year so that's saying something....

kxx


No comments: