Thursday, December 24, 2015

I know, I know...

I'm supposed to feel sad and scared about the state of the globe and worry myself sick about climate change but I can't. I just can't.

Today I went for a drive, picking up last minute Christmas gifts at the pharmacy. Wearing no coat and my brand new (designer) shoes because it was 18C with glorious sunshine. I had the window rolled down and I was bellowing "All I want is Christmas is You" with Mariah on the radio. As I drove I saw a scooter and two motorcycles drive by. When I got home I went for a walk in the park. I saw a woman in a tank top jog by and a family having a BBQ. On Christmas Eve. In Canada. Did I mention that's today is Xmas Eve?

I know we (the collective we... not my family) will pay for this somehow. Maybe with snow until June or pouring rain all summer. But today, I'm enjoying every second of this. Sorry not sorry, Planet.

kxx


No comments: